Ethos and Values
Aspire to be the best
Inspire by example
Make a positive contribution
Have tolerance/respect for all
Insist on equality of opportunity
Grow and develop with confidence
High achievement and enjoyment
The Aims of the Academy
- To develop in pupils lively, enquiring minds; to help them enjoy the acquisition of knowledge; to promote the ability to question and argue rationally; to encourage pupils to apply themselves to a range of tasks and skills both mental and physical which will equip them for adult life in a fast changing world.
- To foster attitudes and a learning context, which will preserve self-esteem and develop self-confidence in all pupils, creating in them a sense of personal excellence and achievement.
- To enable pupils to use language and number effectively; to appreciate and respond creatively and re-creatively through a variety of perceptions and modes offered to them by all areas of the curriculum.
- To promote a scientific awareness of the world, the ability to order observations and make logical predictions from given or observed information as well as recognise patterns and relationships in the natural world.
- To help pupils develop personal, spiritual and moral values and a tolerance of the way of life of others, within a context of equal opportunity.
- To help pupils to understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- To develop in pupils qualities of spirit, feeling and imagination and a sense of beauty.
- To develop in pupils the ability to critically appreciate human achievement.