Welcome to Year 3.
Our class teachers this year are Mrs Lee-Shield and Mrs Andrews (Mrs Churchill is covering until Mrs Andrews returns.) and they are supported by Miss Farry and Mrs Ridley (French and music) and Mr Carter (PE). We are looking forward to this academic year and have some information for you.
- PE will be on a Tuesday afternoon and taught by Mr Carter. The children will need a school PE kit and if this is forgotten they will need to borrow a kit from the office.
- Homework will be given out every Friday and must be returned the following Wednesday. Homework will consist of one piece of English, one piece of maths and spellings. Spelling tests will be on a Thursday.
- The children can change their reading book as they need to, but there must be a signature from an adult in the blue reading book when they have completed the book.
- ICT will be on a Wednesday afternoon and will be taught by Mrs Churchill.
- Children are expected to return reading books to school every day. If children do not return reading books at least three times in the week, then we ask them to read of a Friday play time so we can ensure children are reading frequently.
- Children in Year 3 have a library book which the read and then complete a quiz to monitor understanding. The children work towards certificates and prizes the more quizzes they complete.
- Please encourage children to enter school at 8.45 in a morning to have ample time to complete their quizzes.
If at any time you wish to speak to us, please do not hesitate to make an appointment or give us a call.
Click below to view the word list that pupils should know by the end of Year 4.
Spring term FOCUS:
Year 3 took part in the opening ceremony of Houghton Feast. We were honoured to have Fanwell to teach us how to play the Bongo drums to perform at the ceremony. The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and did school proud.
On the Saturday, many of our children took part in the Houghton Feast Parade where we dressed at 'Time Travel'.