Welcome to Year 4.
The class teachers are Mrs Pauc, Mrs. Wright and Mrs. Wells. Teachers are supported by Miss Tumelty and Mrs Bennett. Useful information can be found below:
- PE sessions will take place on a Wednesday afternoon and are taught by Mr Carter. The children will need their school indoor PE kit and suitable kit for use outdoors on these days.
- Children are taught French and music by Mrs Swirles on a Wednesday afternoon.
- Homework will be given out every Thursday and must be returned the following Thursday. Homework will consist of one piece of English and one piece of Maths. A list of spellings will be given out on a Friday and these will be tested on a Friday.
- The children can change their reading book as they need to, but there must be a signature from an adult in their home reading record book at least three times a week to confirm they are reading regularly.
- Class teachers are available at the end of each day as they dismiss the class to answer any questions or discuss any concerns or queries.
- The topics which we will be studying this term are 'The Romans' and New York. The children are looking forward to taking park in a Roman Theatre workshop in November.
- Science topics will be 'Human Body' and 'Sound'.
Roald Dahl Day 2017
To celebrate the birthday of Roald Dahl on 13th September, we came into school dressed up as our favourite character from one of his stories. We made a 'guess who' game by writing a description of our character for others to guess who it was.
Mrs Wells' trip to Uganda.
A big thank you to all the Y4 children and parents who donated gifts for the African children. They were so thankful and delighted with the presents. Since returning from her visit, Mrs. Wells has shared with the children all her amazing experiences and the pupils loved looking at the different African artefacts.